Glögg - Swedish Mulled WineTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
White wine with vodka infused with cardamom and ginger.
Prep Time: 1440 min(s)
Cook Time: 10 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: cookingmama
Posted On: Dec 05, 2014
Number of Servings:
- 4 - cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons - green cardamom pods
- - One 2-inch piece peeled fresh ginger, chopped
- 4 teaspoons - finely grated orange zest
- 12 whole - cloves
- 1 cups - vodka
- 2 bottles - 750-ml each dry white wine
- 2 cups - dry rosé
- 2 cups - sugar
- 2 tablespoons - vanilla sugar
- 1/2 cups - cup blanched whole almonds
- 1/2 cups - raisins
In a mortar, crush the cinnamon and cardamom. Transfer to a 1-quart jar. Add the ginger, orange zest, cloves and vodka. Cover; let stand for 24 hours.
Strain the vodka into a large saucepan; discard the solids. Add the remaining ingredients and stir over moderate heat until bubbles form around the edges; do not boil. Serve hot.