Garlic-Basil Tomatoes with MozzarellaTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
This salad is the perfect showcase for your fresh garden tomatoes and basil!
Category: Vegetable salads
Prep Time: 10 min(s)
Cook Time: 190 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
The fresh mozzarella cheese called for in this recipe is a soft white cheese with a mild, delicate flavor. It has a different flavor than regular mozzarella and can be found in Italian markets, cheese shops and some supermarkets. Tomato and Mozzarella Pitas are as easy as serving this fragrant mixture in pita bread halves.
Posted By: deanna
Posted On: Oct 12, 2013
Number of Servings:
- 4 - medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cups - plus 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons - red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons - chopped fresh basil leaves or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/8 teaspoons - salt
- 3 drops - red pepper sauce
- 2 - large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8 ounces - fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- - Salad greens, if desired
Place tomatoes in glass or plastic dish.
Shake remaining ingredients except cheese and salad greens in tightly covered container. Pour over tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours to blend flavors, turning occasionally.
Layer cheese alternately with tomatoes on salad greens.