Fresh Basil PestoTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Growing up, my mom made this recipe every year from the fresh basil in our yard. <3
Category: Sauces and marinades
Prep Time: 10 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
- Pesto (without the cheese) freezes well! - Pesto turns dark when exposed to the air. That's ok! It's still delicious. If you don't like this look, use less olive oil in the recipe and pour the remaining amount on top. It will act like an awesome olive oil force field. - This recipe spices up pretty much anything! ...pizza, pasta, meat, egg white omelets, hummus, sandwiches, etc.!
Posted By: sierra
Posted On: Aug 05, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 3 cups - fresh basil leaves
- 1 cloves - fresh garlic
- 1/3 cups - pine nuts
- 1/2 cups - extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cups - freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano or Romano cheese (optional)
- - salt to taste
1. In a food processor, pulse together garlic and pine nuts (and cheese, if using).
2. Add basil, salt, and olive oil, blending until smooth.
3. Sample and add extra amounts of any ingredient(s) to taste.