Fig and Kalamata Olive TapenadeTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Prep Time: 0 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: gardner.marilyn
Posted On: Nov 26, 2020
Number of Servings:
- 1 1/2 cups - finely chopped, dried black mission figs, stems removed
- 1/2 cups - water
- 1/2 cups - pitted and chopped kalamata olives
- 1/2 cups -
- - pine nuts (or walnuts) toasted
- 2 tablespoons - balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons - extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons - capers, rinsed and blotted dry
- 1 1/2 tablespoons - chopped fresh oregano leaves or 2 tsp dried
- 1/2 teaspoons - kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoons - ground black pepper
Simmer the figs: Place figs in a saucepan with water and cook at medium-low heat until figs have softened and water has evaporated, about 7 minutes. Transfer to medium bowl.
Combine ingredients: Add to the bowl the remaining ingredients, stir, cover and let set 1 hour before serving. Refrigerate if storing for longer periods before serving.
Presentation: If refrigerated, take out 45 minutes before serving.
Dipping suggestions, Use bruschetta, crostini, bagel chips, pita chips. Try a dab of goat cheese atop a crostini spread with the tapenade.