Fettuccini BologneseTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
A quick skillet version with beef and mushrooms simmered in tomatoes and then tossed with pasta.
Prep Time: 30 min(s)
Cook Time: 30 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: cookingmama
Posted On: Jul 21, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 6 ounces - dry fettuccini pasta uncooked
- - no-stick cooking spray
- 1 pounds - bulk Italian sausage
- 3/4 cups - chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoons - garlic salt
- 8 ounces - sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons - tomato paste
- 2 cans - diced tomatoes undrained, 14.5 oz ea.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add Italian sausage, onion and garlic salt; cook 5-6 minutes or until sausage is crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Remove and discard all but 1 tablespoon drippings from skillet.
Add mushrooms and tomato paste. Cook 2-3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add undrained tomatoes; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in cooked pasta; simmer 2 minutes more or until heated through.