Farro Salad with Winter Fruit, Pistachios and Ginger Recipe - ATell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Category: Pasta Salad
Prep Time: 0 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
The salad can be kept at room temperature for up to 4 hours.
Posted By: gardner.marilyn
Posted On: Mar 16, 2020
Number of Servings:
- 1 1/2 cups - Farro
- 1 teaspoons - finely grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoons - fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoons - fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons - finely grated ginger
- 1/4 cups - extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cups - golden raisens
- 1/4 cups - dried sour cherries
- 2 - scallions thinly sliced
- 1/3 cups - salted roasted pistachios, chopped
- 1/4 cups - chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons - chopped cilantro
Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the farro and simmer over moderate heat until al dente, about 35 minutes. Drain well, shaking off the excess water.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the orange zest, orange juice, lemon juice, ginger and oil and whisk to blend. Season with salt.
Add the warm farro to the dressing along with the raisins and cherries and toss well. Let stand until the farro is almost cool. Just before serving, fold in the scallions, pistachios, mint and cilantro and season with salt.