Easy Taco SoupTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 5
Easy taco soup made with ground beef and six canned goods.
Prep Time: 10 min(s)
Cook Time: 40 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
If you'd like to chop fresh onion and cook it with the ground beef, it adds nice flavor, too.
Posted By: mcarr
Posted On: Aug 05, 2022
Number of Servings:
- 1 1/2 pounds - ground beef
- 1 packages - taco seasoning mix (1 oz.)
- 1 packages - ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix (1 oz.)
- 4 cups - beef or chicken broth
- 1 cans - crushed or diced tomatoes (28 oz.)
- 1 cans - Ro-Tel diced tomatoes and green chilies (optional)
- 1 cans - pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cans - black beans, drained and rinswed
- 1 cans - whole kernel corn, drained
- - grated cheese, sour cream, sliced avocado, tortilla chips (optional, for serving)
In a large pot, place the ground beef. Cook the ground beef over medium-high heat until it browns. Drain off any excess grease. Turn down the heat to medium.
Sprinkle the packets of taco seasoning mix and ranch dressing mix, over the meat, and stir well.
Add the broth and canned tomatoes.
Add remaining ingredients to the mixture, stirring well; simmer the soup over low heat (uncovered) for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Ladle the soup into bowls, top with desired toppings such as grated cheese, sour cream or avocado slices, and serve with tortilla chips.