Easy French BreadTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Nothing like the smell of fresh baked bread in the morning to wake you right up!
Category: Yeast breads
Prep Time: 30 min(s)
Cook Time: 30 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: VictoriaSparkman
Posted On: Jun 07, 2021
Number of Servings:
- 1 1/2 cups - warm water heat water in microwave for 15-30 seconds. If water is too hot it'll kill the yeast.
- 1 tablespoons - sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons - salt
- 1 tablespoons - active dry yeast
- 4 cups - all-purpose flour
1. Combine sugar, water, and yeast and let sit for 10 minutes until foam forms.
2. In a separate bowl mix the flour and salt. Add the yeast mixture to the flour mixture.
3. Mix until dough is formed and is no longer sticky.
4. Cover with a damp towel and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
6. Once dough is done rising, transfer it to a baking sheet and shape into a log. Use a knife to make diagonal cuts on the top of the loaf.
7. Bake for 30 minutes. Enjoy!