Crescent Wrapped Cranberry and BrieTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Crescent wrapped cranberry and brie appetizer served with fruit.
Prep Time: 35 min(s)
Cook Time: 30 min(s)
Recipe Type: Private
Posted By: KathyD
Posted On: Nov 16, 2021
Number of Servings:
- 1 cans - 8 oz. Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls OR crescent dough sheet
- 1 - round 8 oz. Brie cheese
- 3 tablespoons - whole berry cranberry sauce or cranberry chutney
- 1 tablespoons - chopped pecans
- 1 - egg beaten
- 8 - small seedless red or green grape clusters for serving with
- 1 - unpeeled pear sliced, for serving with
- 1 - unpeeled apple sliced, for serving with
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate dough crosswise into 2 sections. Press dough to form 2 squares, firmly pressing perforations to seal.
If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut crosswise into 2 sections. Press dough to form 2 squares.
Cut corners off both dough squares and reserve to use for cutouts. Place 1 dough round on cookie sheet. Cut cheese crosswise into 2 equal layers. Place bottom half of cheese on center of dough circle on cookie sheet. Spread cranberry sauce over cheese. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Top with remaining cheese half. Bring dough up around side of cheese, pressing and pinching.
With small cookie or canapé cutter, cut shapes from reserved corners of dough; set aside.
Place remaining dough on top of cheese round. Press dough evenly around side of cheese. Brush dough with beaten egg. Top with cutouts; brush with additional beaten egg.
Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes or until deep golden brown.
Cool 15 minutes before serving. To serve, place warm pastry-wrapped cheese on platter; arrange fruit pieces around cheese.