Creamy Skillet Chicken with Garlic and BasilTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Creamy skillet chicken in garlic and basil sauce; one-pot meal that's ready in just 30 minutes. Whole30, Keto, AIP, Paleo friendly.
Prep Time: 10 min(s)
Cook Time: 25 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: jkandsf2d
Posted On: May 17, 2021
Number of Servings:
- 2 tablespoons - ghee or your favorite cooking oil - use coconut oil for AIP divided
- 1 1/2 pounds - boneless skinless chicken thighs
- - salt and pepper to taste, omit pepper for AIP
- 1 - medium onion diced
- 6 cloves - garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoons - crushed red pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1 cups - coconut milk or any creamy milk (use heavy cream for Keto)
- 1/2 cups - bone broth or chicken broth
- - juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cups - packed basil leaves
Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the chicken generously with salt and pepper.
Sear the chicken in the skillet for 4 minutes per side. Remove and set aside on plate.
Add the remaining tablespoon of ghee or oil to the skillet. Add onion, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper; cook for 5 minutes until the onions are translucent.
Stir in coconut milk, broth, and lemon juice and bring to a boil while scraping the bottom of the skillet to deglaze. Reduce heat to a simmer for 4-5 minutes until the sauce is reduced and thickened, stirring often.
Stir in basil and cook for a minute until wilted. Add chicken back into the skillet and simmer for another minute or two until heated through. Serve.