Creamy Garlic Pasta with Shrimp and VegetablesTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Toss a garlicky, Middle Eastern-inspired yogurt sauce with pasta, shrimp, asparagus, peas and red bell pepper for a fresh, satisfying summer meal. Serve with: Slices of cucumber and tomato tossed with lemon juice and olive oil.
Category: Fish or seafood
Prep Time: 15 min(s)
Cook Time: 15 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: kristenkhall14
Posted On: Nov 29, 2017
Number of Servings:
- 1 tablespoons - extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoons - freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cups - toasted pine nuts
- 6 ounces - whole wheat spaghetti
- 12 ounces - peeled and deveined raw shrimp cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 - bunch asparagus trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 - large red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cups - frozen peas
- 3 cloves - garlic chopped
- 1 1/4 teaspoons - kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups - nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cups - chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons - lemon juice
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook 2 minutes less than package directions.
2. Add shrimp, asparagus, bell pepper and peas and cook until the pasta is tender and the shrimp are cooked, 2 to 4 minutes more. Drain well.
3. Mash garlic and salt in a large bowl until a paste forms. Whisk in yogurt, parsley, lemon juice, oil and pepper. Add the pasta mixture and toss to coat. Serve sprinkled with pine nuts (if using).