Cream Cheese Tortilla Roll-Ups or PinwheelsTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 5
Also called Pinwheels, these tortilla roll ups are made with cream cheese, ranch dressing mix, shredded cheese, chopped olives and green chilies or green onions; I also add some chopped turkey or ham or bacon sometimes. It is best to make them the night before using.
Prep Time: 45 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: mcarr
Posted On: Nov 14, 2023
Number of Servings:
- 8 ounces - softened cream cheese
- 1 cups - sour cream
- 1 packages - Ranch dressing mix
- 1 cups - shredded cheddar cheese (or pepper jack or your favorite kind)
- 1 cans - diced green chilies, 4 oz., drained
- 1 cans - chopped ripe black olives, 4 oz.
- 1/2 cups - finely chopped green onions, optional
- 1/2 cups - chopped or diced turkey, ham or bacon, optional
- 5 - flour tortillas, 10-inch in size
Mix ingredients together by beating together the softened cream cheese, sour cream and ranch dressing mix with a hand-held or stand mixer.
Add in the remaining ingredients - cheddar cheese, green chilies, green onions, black olives and your choice of chopped meat, if using.
Spread this mixture evenly over each of the flour tortillas, leaving a little space at the edges, and roll them up tightly.
Wrap each roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate them for at least 2 hours, but best if you can refrigerate overnight.
When ready to serve, unwrap the rolls, slice each roll into approximately 1-inch thick rounds, and serve with your favorite salsa, if desired. Honestly, they are scrumptious without the salsa, too.
Freezer friendly: These are perfect to make ahead and store the wrapped rolls in the freezer in an air tight container for up to 1 month; thaw the tortilla rolls overnight in the fridge, then slice and enjoy when ready to serve.