Crabmeat and Heirloom Tomato SaladTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Sweet crab needs only a dusting of herbs and vinaigrette
Prep Time: 20 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: wsjrecipes
Posted On: Jul 28, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 6 whole - Heirloom Tomatoes
- 1 - Small Shallot finely minced
- 3 tablespoons - Apple-Cider Vinegar
- 6 tablespoons - Olive Oil
- - Flaky Sea Salt
- - Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 - Small Firm Cucumbers peeled zebra, halved and seeded
- 12 ounces - Jumbo Lump Crabmeat
- 4 leaves - Basil minced
- 4 leaves - Mint minced
- 1 tablespoons - Chives snipped fine
- 20 whole - Golden and Red Cherry Tomatoes halved or quartered
- - Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
1) trim tops and bottoms from heirloom tomatoes. Slice tomatoes crosswise into even, 1/4- to 1/2-inch slices.
2) In a medium mixing bowl, cover shallot with vinegar and let macerate at least 10 minutes. Whisk in oil. Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper, to taste.
3) Meanwhile, slice cucumbers into very thin half moons. Sprinkle with salt and place on a paper towel-lined plate. Set in refrigerator. After 10 minutes, remove and pat dry.
4) While cucumbers crisp, place crab meat in a mixing bowl and gently toss with herbs and 3 tablespoons vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5) Sprinkle heirloom tomatoes with salt and pepper. On 4 plates, arrange tomato slices so they overlap in a single layer. Scatter cucumber slices and cherry tomato halves over each serving. Spoon vinaigrette, about 2 tablespoons per person, over salads.
6) Distribute crab meat among plates and arrange it into a mound in the center of each salad. Drizzle with extra vinaigrette, if desired, and serve.