Corn TortillasTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Corn Masaca Flour
Prep Time: 10 min(s)
Cook Time: 20 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Masaca flour is often referred to by the brand name Masa Harina. Corn flour is also used to reference the flour used for corn tortillas.
Posted By: lhumcUMW
Posted On: May 28, 2021
Number of Servings:
- 2 cups - corn masaca flour
- 2 teaspoons - salt
- 1/2 cups - water
1. Whisk masaca flour and salt together.
2. Add 1/4 cup water and whisk with for fork until pea size dough balls form.
3. Continue adding water in small increments and whisking as dough balls increase in size and quantity.
4. When the majority of the flour has formed into dough balls, use hands to knead and form dough into a single ball.
5. Let dough set for 5-10 minutes.
6. Pre heat cast iron skillet over medium heat. Apply a thin layer of canola oil by wiping on with a paper towel.
7. Separate the dough in half to form two balls. Continue separating dough balls in half until all balls are golf ball sized.
8. Place plastic wrap (or wax paper) in tortilla press to form a smooth protective layer between the press and the dough.
9. Center a single dough ball on the plastic layer, copy with plastic, and press to flatten dough ball into 4-5 in.
10. Place flattened dough into heated skillet. Heat each side for 30 seconds.
11. Place cooked tortilla on towel and cover with towel to maintain warmth until ready to serve. Refrigerate or freeze as necessary.