Coquilles Saint-JacquesTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Scallops in a cheesy mushroom sauce.
Category: Fish or seafood
Prep Time: 25 min(s)
Cook Time: 30 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
McCall's Great American Recipe Card Collection - French Touch
Posted By: MarySue
Posted On: May 26, 2020
Number of Servings:
- 1 teaspoons - lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoons - salt
- 2 pounds - sea scallops washed and drained
- 4 tablespoons - butter or margarine
- 1/4 cups - finely chopped onion
- 1/4 pounds - mushrooms OR 3 oz. can mushrooms sliced, drained
- 1/3 cups - flour
- 1 dashes - pepper
- 1 cups - light cream
- 1/2 cups - milk
- 1 cups - grated Gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cups - dry white wine
- 1 tablespoons - lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons - chopped parsley
- 1/2 cups - packaged dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons - butter or margarine melted
In medium saucepan, combine 1 cup water, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and salt; bring to boiling. Add scallops; simmer, covered, 6 minutes or until tender. Drain on paper towels.
In 4 tablespoons hot butter in medium saucepan, saute onion and mushrooms until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in flour and pepper until well blended; gradually stir in cream and milk.
Bring to boiling, stirring. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, 4 to 5 minutes or until quite thick. Add cheese and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
Carefully stir in wine, lemon juice and parsley. Add scallops. Turn into 8 scallop shells or 1-1/2 quart casserole.
Mix bread crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle over scallops. Place shells on cookie sheet. Broil, 4 inches from heat, 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown.