Cold Salmon SpreadTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Cream cheese cold spread made with fresh and smoked salmon with Dijon mustard and lemon zest seasoning.
Category: Cold Dips
Prep Time: 40 min(s)
Cook Time: 20 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: swilliamson
Posted On: Mar 08, 2016
Number of Servings:
- 2 tablespoons - unsalted butter
- 1/2 cups - sliced shallots
- 1 - medium carrot peeled and thinly sliced
- 3/4 pounds - red salmon steak 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoons - chicken stock
- 1/2 pounds - smoked salmon diced
- 4 ounces - softened cream cheese
- 1 teaspoons - lemon zest
- 1 teaspoons - Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoons - black pepper
In a skillet, melt the butter over low heat. Add the shallots and carrot. Cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring once.
Rinse the salmon steak, cut it in half lengthwise, and place the pieces atop the vegetables. Drizzle with the chicken stock. Cover the skillet and resume cooking for 10 minutes or until the fish flakes easily. Then remove the skin and bones from the fish.
Blend the fish and vegetables in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and process until the smoked salmon is finely chopped but not smooth.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until a few minutes before serving time.