Coconut SauceTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Coconut milk with seasonings for a creamy coconut sauce.
Category: Sauces and marinades
Prep Time: 10 min(s)
Cook Time: 15 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: MarySue
Posted On: May 10, 2020
Number of Servings:
- 3 - green onions sliced
- 1 - scant tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans - Trader Joe's reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1 pinchs - cayenne pepper
- - salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons - chopped cilantro or more, to taste
- - splash of lime juice
Sauté onions in oil.
Add well-shaken coconut milk. It might have chunks, but they will melt.
Add pinch of cayenne. Bring to a boil, then simmer until reduced by half. Watch it closely when bringing to a boil because it will bubble over FAST.
After it is reduced, add cilantro, salt and pepper to taste. Add a splash of lime.
This can be made ahead and kept warm.