Classic Chicken TetrazziniTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
A classic dish made with made-from-scratch Mornay sauce and topped with toasted almonds and Parmesan. Freezes beautifully.
Prep Time: 20 min(s)
Cook Time: 35 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: mssavy
Posted On: Dec 28, 2015
Number of Servings:
- 1 1/2 packages - 8 oz. vermicelli
- 1/2 cups - butter
- 1/2 cups - all-purpose flour
- 4 cups - milk
- 1/2 cups - dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons - chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoons - seasoned pepper
- 2 cups - freshly grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 4 cups - diced cooked chicken
- 1 jars - 6 oz. sliced mushrooms drained
- 3/4 cups - slivered almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a Dutch oven over low heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Cook 1 minute, whisking constantly. Gradually whisk in milk and wine; cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Whisk in bouillon granules, seasoned pepper and 1 cup Parmesan cheese.
3. Remove from heat; stir in diced cooked chicken, sliced mushrooms and hot cooked pasta.
4. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13-x-9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with slivered almonds and remaining 1 cup of Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake at 350° F for 35 minutes or until bubbly.