Chocolate-Toffee-Dipped Shortbread BarsTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Dessert doesn't get much easier than store-bought shortbread cookie bars dipped in melted bittersweet chocolate and topped with chopped almonds and toffee. The key to success: using high-quality ingredients.
Category: Cookies and Brownies
Prep Time: 20 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Serve with ice cream & coffee. Make ahead: the bars can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Posted By: mcarradmin
Posted On: Jul 13, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 4 - bittersweet chocolate
- 8 - shortbread fingers (about 4
- 1/4 cups - chopped English toffee or Heath bars
- 1/4 cans - chopped salted almonds
1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the chocolate at high power in 45-second bursts, until nearly melted; stir until completely melted. Dip two-thirds of each shortbread finger in the chocolate and transfer to the baking sheet.
2. In a small bowl, mix the English toffee and almonds. Sprinkle the mixture over the chocolate. Refrigerate the shortbread bars just until set, about 10 minutes.