Chocolate Melting Cakes with BananasTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Serve these chocolate cakes with coconut sorbet and grilled banana slices.
Prep Time: 60 min(s)
Cook Time: 25 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Served at Bomboa
Posted By: DeviTitus
Posted On: Dec 08, 2018
Number of Servings:
- 8 ounces - bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate chopped
- 6 tablespoons - unsalted butter
- 1/2 cups - all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cups - plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoons - salt
- 4 - large eggs
- 1 packages - 10 oz. frozen sweetened raspberries in syrup thawed, pureed, strained
- 2 - bananas cut into slices
Melt chocolate and butter in heavy medium saucepan over low heat, stirring until melted and smooth. Cool.
Combine flour, sugar, and salt in large bowl. Using electric mixer, beat in eggs 1 at a time. Beat until mixture is pale yellow and slowly dissolving ribbons form when beaters are lifted (about 5 minutes). Fold in melted chocolate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter six 1-cup souffle dishes. Sprinkle with sugar; tap out excess. Divide batter among dishes. Bake until cakes are set on top but tester inserted into center comes out thick with wet batter still attached, about 15 minutes. Cool cakes on rack for 15 minutes.
Spoon pureed raspberries onto 6 plates. Run sharp knife around cakes. Turn out 1 cake onto sauce on each plate. Garnish with banana slices.