Chicken Saute with Pineapple SalsaTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
A Cuban dish that is great served with yellow rice, fried plantains or bananas (or you can use plantain chips) and spinach salad.
Prep Time: 20 min(s)
Cook Time: 15 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Caramel ice cream sprinkled with toasted almonds and splashed with rum would make a perfect dessert.
Posted By: DeviTitus
Posted On: Dec 06, 2018
Number of Servings:
- 1 1/2 cups - coarsely chopped cored peeled fresh pineapple
- 2 - green onions chopped
- 1/3 cups - chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoons - fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoons - ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons - olive oil
- 2 - skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoons - cinnamon
- - yellow rice, fried plantains or plantain chips optional, for serving
Mix first 5 ingredients (pineapple, green onion, cilantro, lime juice, and cumin) in a medium bowl. Season salsa with salt and pepper. (This can be made up to 4 hours ahead of time; cover and refrigerate).
Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken on both sides with salt, pepper and cinnamon. Saute until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to 2 plates.
Top with salsa and serve.
Optional: serve with yellow rice, fried plantains or plantain chips.