Chicken ParmesanTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Parmesan-coated chicken served with pasta sauce and spaghetti noodles.
Prep Time: 30 min(s)
Cook Time: 15 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
This can also be put together in a large shallow dish, if desired, rather than using separate gratin dishes for each serving.
Posted By: mweeber
Posted On: Jun 21, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 4 - skinless, boneless chicken breast halves 4 ounces each
- 1/2 cups - seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cups - grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoons - dried Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoons - black pepper
- 1/3 cups - all-purpose flour
- 2 - large egg whites lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons - olive oil
- 4 cups - spaghetti hot, cooked
- 3 cups - Ultimate Quick and Easy pasta sauce
- 1 cups - part-skim mozzarella cheese shredded
- - basil sprigs optional
Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thick using meat mallet or rolling pin.
Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge 1 chicken breast half in flour. Dip in egg whites; dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done.
Place 1 cup spaghetti in each of 4 gratin dishes. Spoon 1/2 cup pasta sauce over each serving. Top each with 1 chicken breast half. Spoon 1/4 cup sauce over each serving. Sprinkle each serving with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
Preheat broiler. Place gratin dishes on a baking sheet; broil 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Garnish with basil sprigs, if desired.