Chicken GumboTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
A quick and simple chicken and sausage gumbo.
Prep Time: 15 min(s)
Cook Time: 16 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: cookingmama
Posted On: Sep 18, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 2 tablespoons - vegetable oil
- 7 ounces - kielbasa (polish sausage) sliced into coins
- 1 1/4 pounds - boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cloves - garlic chopped
- 1 cans - stewed tomatoes 14.5 oz.
- 2 cups - reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces - frozen okra thawed
- 1 teaspoons - dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoons - salt
- 1/4 teaspoons - black pepper
- 1 cups - instant rice
- 4 - scallions sliced
Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add kielbasa and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chicken and garlic; cook for 5 more minutes, stirring.
Add tomatoes, breaking apart with a wooden spoon, the chicken broth, okra, 1 cup water, oregano, salt and pepper. Simmer for 3 minutes; stir in rice and simmer for 3 additional minutes.
To serve, spoon into individual bowls and garnish with scallions.