Chapel Hill Chicken BiscuitTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
This sandwich is a favorite for both breakfast and lunch at Denver's Rise & Shine Biscuit Kitchen and Cafe.
Prep Time: 180 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Adapted from Seth Rubin of Rise & Shine Biscuit Kitchen and Cafe, Denver
Posted By: wsjrecipes
Posted On: Sep 07, 2014
Number of Servings:
- 2 - boneless chicken breasts halved horizontally
- 1/4 cups - buttermilk
- 1 teaspoons - coarsely ground black pepper plus 3/4 teaspoon finely ground
- 3/4 cups - all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoons - kosher salt
- 1 teaspoons - cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoons - paprika
- 1 teaspoons - Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 cups - corn or peanut oil
- 4 - biscuits See Buttermilk Biscuit recipe
- - Butter lettuce
- 4 - thick tomato slices
- - Mayonnaise
1. Marinate chicken: In a bowl, toss chicken with buttermilk and coarse black pepper, coating thoroughly. Place in refrigerator and marinate at least 2 hours and up to 24.
2. In a shallow bowl or on a large plate, combine remaining dry ingredients for dredging.
3. Fry chicken: Fill a heavy skillet with ¼ inch oil. Heat oil over medium-high heat to 365 degrees, using a candy thermometer to monitor temperature. Shake excess buttermilk off of chicken, then use a mallet to flatten to ½-inch thickness. Toss chicken in dredging mixture, coating both sides. Add chicken to skillet and fry until golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes per side, turning with tongs every few minutes.
4.Cut biscuits in half. Spread mayo inside both halves. Top each bottom half with 1 piece chicken, lettuce and tomato. Close sandwiches.