Cauliflower Mac'n'CheeseTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
A creamy recipe that replaces half the pasta with cauliflower, a healthy veggie.
Prep Time: 15 min(s)
Cook Time: 50 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: cookingmama
Posted On: Nov 01, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 2 cups - cauliflower florets
- 1/2 pounds - cavatappi or curly pasta
- 2 tablespoons - olive oil
- 2 tablespoons - all-purpose flour
- 2 cups - 1% milk
- 1 teaspoons - mustard
- 1 teaspoons - salt
- 1 pinchs - cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 cups - cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 cups - Parmesan grated
- 1/2 cups - light herb spreadable cream cheese
- 1/3 cups - panko bread crumbs
Heat oven to 425° F. Spread cauliflower on a rimmed baking sheet and coat lightly with cooking spray. Roast until florets begin to brown, about 10 minutes. Remove cauliflower and reduce oven heat to 375° F.
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside. In a large saucepan over medium heat whisk olive oil and flour for 1 minute. Add milk slowly, whisking constantly. Stir in mustard, salt and cayenne. Cook, stirring occasionally until mixture has thickened, about 8 minutes. Remove sauce from heat. Add 2 cups of cheddar, the Parmesan and cream cheese and stir until melted. Add pasta and cauliflower; stir to coat.
Pour pasta into a greased 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle on 1/2 cup cheddar, then bread crumbs. Bake until bread crumbs are golden brown and cheese is bubbling, about 30 minutes.