Burnt Sugar FrostingTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Burnt sugar syrup combined with powdered sugar, butter and vanilla for a delicious frosting.
Prep Time: 20 min(s)
Cook Time: 20 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Makes enough to frost tops and sides of two 8" or 9" layers.
Posted By: mimisrecipes
Posted On: Oct 24, 2018
Number of Servings:
- 4 3/4 cups - sifted C&H New Velvet-Smooth Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 cups - soft butter or margarine
- 1/3 cups - burnt sugar syrup (see directions below)
- 1/8 teaspoons - salt
- 1 tablespoons - to 2 Tbsp hot water
- 1 teaspoons - vanilla
- 1/2 cups - sugar for burnt sugar syrup
- 1/2 cups - hot water for burnt sugar syrup
For Burnt Sugar Syrup:
Heat 1/2 cup of sugar in a heavy skillet or saucepan; stir constantly. Continue cooking until sugar melts and turns golden brown.
Remove from heat several minutes (so syrup won't splatter when water is added). Gradually add 1/2 cup hot water. Boil, stirring, until it becomes a thin syrup. Can be stored in fridge until ready to use.
Gradually stir powdered sugar into butter or margarine; mix well. Add burnt sugar syrup and salt. Gradually add hot water until you reach a good spreading consistency. Add vanilla; beat until smooth.