Brunswick StewTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Prep Time: 60 min(s)
Cook Time: 120 min(s)
Recipe Type: Private
Posted By: deniserf
Posted On: Jul 20, 2022
Number of Servings:
- 4 ounces - diced salt pork
- 2 pounds - chicken parts
- 8 cups - water
- 3 - potatoes, cubed
- 3 - onions, chopped
- 1 cans - 28 oz. whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups - canned whole kernel corn
- 1 packages - 1o oz. frozen lima beans
- 1 tablespoons - Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoons - salt
- 1/4 teaspoons - ground black pepper
In a large pot over high heat, combine the salt pork, chicken and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 45 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
Remove chicken and allow to cool until easy to handle. Remove meat and discard the skin and bones. Chop meat into bite size pieces and return to the soup.
Add the potatoes, onions, tomatoes, corn, lima beans, Worcestershire sauce, salt and ground black pepper. Stir well and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour.