Broccoli SaladTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Broccoli slaw and florets with oranges, almonds, crunchy ramen noodles, and a maple Dijon dressing.
Prep Time: 30 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
I love a good salad, but tend to get bored with the same old "side salad". This salad is so fun and can be made into a meal by adding the protein of your choice! This salad is also great for serving large groups. BTW, I light a fragrant candle before I pull the broccoli out of the fridge (this will help the broccoli smell from permeating your home and letting everyone know what you had for dinner).
Posted By: LegacyCookbook
Posted On: Sep 28, 2017
Number of Servings:
- 1 packages - broccoli slaw
- 5 - oranges, different varieties (blood, tangerine, mandarin) peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- - sliced almonds to taste
- 1 packages - Ramen noodles uncooked and no flavor packet
- 1 tablespoons - Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoons - maple syrup
- 1 cups - olive oil
- 1/2 cups - white wine vinegar
- - salt and pepper
- 1 heads - Romaine lettuce washed, dried, torn into bite size pieces
- 1/2 pounds - broccoli florets cut into bite size pieces
Pour boiling hot water over broccoli florets (enough to cover them), and let sit for a couple of minutes; then drain and rinse in cold water.
In a very large bowl, combine lettuces, broccoli and slaw. Combine dressing ingredients in a small shaker or with a whisk in a bowl; toss over salad. Add oranges.
Toast the almonds and broken apart Ramen noodles in oven until brown. Add to salad right before serving (so they won't get soggy before then).