Brisket with Onions and CarrotsTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Brisket or roast seasoned with red wine and Worcestershire, slow-cooked in the oven or crockpot with carrots, potatoes and onion.
roast or brisket
Prep Time: 60 min(s)
Cook Time: 420 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: mcarr
Posted On: Apr 27, 2021
Number of Servings:
- 1/2 cups - dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons - tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons - potato starch or corn starch
- 1 tablespoons - low-sodium beef bouillon base OR 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 teaspoons - Worcestershire sauce
- 2 - large carrots OR a handful of baby carrots cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 - large onion peeled, chopped
- 10 - small yellow new potatoes halved or quartered
- 2 sprigs - fresh rosemary OR 2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 pounds - first-cut beef brisket OR chuck roast
- - salt and pepper
- - chopped parsley optional, garnish
**The night before cooking, season brisket or roast with steak seasoning and a splash of Worcestershire sauce and marinate in the fridge overnight.**
In 6-quart slow cooker (or a large bowl, if cooking in oven), whisk red wine, tomato paste, corn or potato starch, beef bouillon and Worcestershire sauce together. Toss with carrots, onion, potatoes and rosemary. If not using crockpot, pour this mixture into a large baking dish and spread out evenly.
Season brisket or roast with salt and pepper or steak seasoning, then nestle into vegetables. Cover and cook until brisket or roast is fork-tender, 6 to 7 hours in crockpot on HIGH or 7 to 8 hours on LOW, or for 8 hours in oven preheated to 220 degrees F.
Transfer beef to cutting board and thinly slice. Arrange beef and vegetables on platter; sprinkle with parsley, if desired, before serving.