Brenda's Best Rum BallsTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Chocolate rum candies.
Prep Time: 540 min(s)
Cook Time: 5 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: PlantingSeeds
Posted On: Sep 25, 2021
Number of Servings:
- 340 grams - semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cups - sour cream
- - pinch of salt
- 1/2 cups - almond paste
- 8 cups - crushed chocolate wafers (about 3 packages of Oreo cookie crumbs)
- 1 1/2 cups - melted butter (1 cup is enough)
- 2/3 cups - cocoa
- 1 cups - to 1-1/2 cups white rum
- 2 cups - finely chopped pecans
- 2 cups - to 3 cups chocolate sprinkles for rolling
Melt chocolate chips and combine with sour cream, almond paste and salt.
Cream well and set aside.
In separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except chocolate sprinkles.
Mix until it holds shape.
Pour one mixture into the other. Knead until soft and blended.
Cover and refrigerate until firm (over night).
Roll into balls (I use a cantaloupe scoop), toss in chocolate sprinkles.
May be frozen. Makes about 400 small balls (I use cantaloupe scoop).