Bourbon ChickenTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Great Cajun meal, similar to that at various restaurants
Prep Time: 10 min(s)
Cook Time: 20 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: colieskitchen
Posted On: Jul 18, 2014
Number of Servings:
- 2 pounds - boneless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoons - olive oil
- 1 cloves - garlic crushed
- 1/4 teaspoons - ginger
- 3/4 teaspoons - crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cups - apple juice
- 1/2 cups - light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons - ketchup
- 1 tablespoons - cider vinegar
- 1/2 cups - water
- 1/3 cups - soy sauce
1) Heat oil in a large skillet.
2) Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
3) Remove chicken.
4) Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium Heat until well mixed and dissolved.
5) Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
6) Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
7) Serve over hot rice and ENJOY.