Bobby Flay's Grilled Asparagus SaladTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Nice summer salad
Prep Time: 40 min(s)
Cook Time: 5 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Other lettuces can be substituted for the mesculun.
Posted By: ecarr
Posted On: Jun 10, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 1 pounds - asparagus
- 1/2 cups - extra-virgin olive oil, + more for brushing
- - salt & freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups - lightly packed, mesclun
- 1 - seedless cucumber cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cups - grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cups - drained & rinsed canned chickpeas
- 1/2 cups - kalamata olives coarsely chopped
- 8 - sharp white cheddar cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons - fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoons - fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons - red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoons - Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoons - grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoons - chopped tarragon
- 3 cups - pita chips
1. Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the asparagus with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat, turning, until tender, about 5 minutes. Let cool, then cut the asparagus into 1-inch pieces.
2. In a large bowl, toss the mesclun with the grilled asparagus, cucumber, tomatoes, chickpeas, olives, and cheese.
3. In a bowl, whisk the orange juice, lemon juice, vinegar, both mustards, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in the 1/2 cup of oil until emulsified; add the tarragon. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss. Garnish with pita chips and serve.