Blueberry MuffinsTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
I had always thought that muffins were a lot of fuss about a disappointing nothing. But that, I found, was because they were the industrially produced ones. When you make them yourself - and they are the easiest things in the world to make, they're nothing like as ta and puffy as the ones you see in shops and cafés. That dry mass of aerated wodge in cellophane isn't the sort of muffin you want for your breakfast; these are. If it helps, you can weigh out all the dry ingredients, leave them in a cling filmed bowl overnight, and measure out the liquids into a jug which you can keep covered in the fridge. Then on getting up, melt the butter, preheat the oven, mix the wet with the dry ingredients, fold in the fruit and dollop them in their cases. In a quarter of a hour, give or take, you will have a kitchen full of baking smells
Prep Time: 15 min(s)
Cook Time: 20 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: ISC
Posted On: Jun 05, 2021
Number of Servings:
- 75 grams - Unsalted butter
- 200 grams - Plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoons - Bicarbonate of soda Aka Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons - Baking powder
- 75 grams - Caster sugar
- 1 pinchs - Salt
- 1/8 liters - Butter milk 200 ml of buttermilk
- 1 whole - Large egg
- 200 grams - Blueberries
- Melt the butter, and set it aside to cool for a little. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl, and in a measuring jug beat together the buttermilk (or yoghurt and milk), egg and melted butter.
- Using a wooden spoon and a light hand, pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix gently to combine. Don’t worry about lumps: the important thing with muffins is that the mixture isn't over worked.
- Fold in the blueberries, again keeping mixing to a minimum.
- You could also add orange zest at this point if you wanted.
- Spoon into the muffin cases - I use an ice-cream scoop and a small rubber spatula for this - and bake for 20 minutes, by which time the muffins should be risen and golden and firm on top.
- Eat warm or cold as you like