Black Bean BrowniesTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Healthy brownie dessert made with black beans, flax seed, organic cane sugar and cocoa.
Prep Time: 60 min(s)
Cook Time: 25 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: Bonadio
Posted On: Mar 12, 2019
Number of Servings:
- 1 cans - 15 oz. black beans well rinsed and drained
- 2 - flax eggs (2 Tbsp. flax seed and 6 Tbsp. water)
- 3 tablespoons - coconut oil (or oil of your choice) melted
- 3/4 cups - cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoons - sea salt
- 1 teaspoons - pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cups - (heaping) organic cane sugar slightly ground or pulsed in food processor or grinder for better texture
- 1 1/2 teaspoons - baking powder
- - crushed walnuts, pecans or dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips optional toppings
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Lightly grease 12-slotted standard size muffin tray (regular sized). Make sure your beans are rinsed and thoroughly drained.
Prepare flax eggs by combining flax and water. (Making it in the food processor is easiest because the other ingredients will go in there shortly, or a bowl works too.) Let flax eggs rest for about 5 minutes.
Add all remaining ingredients (except toppings) and puree – around 3 minutes – scraping sides as needed. Batter should be very smooth. If the batter is too thick add 1 Tbsp. of water and puree to mix well. You do not want the batter as thick as peanut butter but not runny either.
Evenly place batter into the muffin tins and smooth out with your finger. Add your choice of toppings (optional).
Place in oven and bake for 20-26 minutes until edges start to pull away from the sides.
Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes; remove with a fork, as they are tender.
Eat and enjoy! (Brownies are meant to be fudgy so if you like drier brownies keep them in the oven longer.)