Beefy Stuffed ZucchiniTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Zucchini boats stuffed with seasoned beef.
Prep Time: 15 min(s)
Cook Time: 40 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Per serving: Calories 122, Total Fat 5.2g, Protein 12g, Cholesterol 28mg, Sodium 107mg, Total Carbs 7.8g, Dietary Fiber 1.9g, Sugars 4.4g
Posted By: PreDiabeticSupport
Posted On: Aug 02, 2018
Number of Servings:
- 3 - zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons - canola oil
- 1/2 pounds - lean ground beef
- 1/2 cups - chopped onion
- 1/2 cups - chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoons - grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoons - dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoons - dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoons - black pepper
- 1/2 cups - no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/4 cups - shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. With a spoon, scoop center meat out of zucchini halves; set aside shells and chop zucchini meat finely.
In a medium-sized skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and saute ground beef, onion, and red bell pepper for 6-8 minutes, or until beef is no longer pink. Stir in chopped zucchini, Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, black pepper, and 1/3 cup tomato sauce, and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until tender.
Stuff zucchini shells evenly with meat mixture, spoon remaining tomato sauce evenly over zucchini, and place on baking sheet. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove foil and top evenly with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes more, or until zucchini are tender and cheese is melted.