Beef Stroganoff in the Crock PotTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Beef strips cooked in the crock pot with mushrooms and onion, served over brown rice for a healthy meal.
Prep Time: 30 min(s)
Cook Time: 480 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: mcarr
Posted On: Sep 10, 2017
Number of Servings:
- 2 pounds - beef tenderloin steak cut into strips
- 1 - large onion (about 1 cup) chopped
- 8 ounces - fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 teaspoons - pepper
- 1 1/2 cups - beef broth
- 1 tablespoons - Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoons - garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoons - onion powder
- 6 tablespoons - flour
- 8 ounces - sour cream
- 6 cups - cooked brown rice for serving with
Layer beef, onion, mushrooms and pepper into slow cooker.
Stir together the beef broth, Worcestershire, onion and garlic powders with flour, stirring with a whisk until flour is thoroughly mixed in. Pour this mixture over ingredients in crock pot.
Cover and cook on low heat for 8 to 10 hours or until beef is very tender.
Stir sour cream into beef mixture until mixed into sauce well; allow to cook for 10 more minutes to thicken a bit.
Serve beef mixture over rice (or noodles, if preferred).