Beef StroganoffTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Round steak cooked with tomato paste, mushroom soup, and seasonings; serve over noodles or rice.
Prep Time: 30 min(s)
Cook Time: 30 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: mimisrecipes
Posted On: Oct 23, 2018
Number of Servings:
- 1/2 sticks - oleo or butter (OR 4 Tbsp cooking oil)
- 1 - large onion
- 1 - large green bell pepper
- 1/4 cups - flour
- 1 1/2 pounds - round steak
- - salt and pepper
- 1 cans - Italian tomato paste
- 1 cans - cream of mushroom soup
- 3 - to 4 large mushrooms (OR 1 can) sauteed
- - crushed garlic (OR garlic powder)
- - Tabasco sauce
- - Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pints - (2 cups) sour cream
- - cooked noodles or rice for serving
Chop onion and green pepper into medium sizes and brown in butter or oil.
Cut steak into bite size pieces. Dredge it in the flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
Add meat to onions and peppers and brown lightly.
In a large saucepan, put tomato paste, mushroom soup, and sauteed (or canned) mushrooms. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
Add browned meat, onions, and green pepper. Season with garlic, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco. (If mixture is too thick, it may be thinned with milk or cream).
Off burner, add sour cream. Warm briefly and serve over noodles or rice.