BBQ Pulled Pork FriesTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 5
Cheesy fries topped with tender pulled pork and BBQ sauce.
Prep Time: 20 min(s)
Cook Time: 275 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: jkandsf2d
Posted On: Jul 01, 2022
Number of Servings:
- 2 pounds - pork shoulder to 3 pounds
- - salt and pepper
- 1 cups - root beer
- 2 cups - barbecue sauce
- 1 bags - of frozen french fries large bag
- 1/3 cups - white onion minced
- 1 cups - pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1 cups - cheddar cheese shredded
- - chopped scallions, sour cream, extra barbecue sauce - for garnish
1. Season pork shoulder with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a large heavy-bottom pot or pan over high heat and sear the pork on all sides until golden brown.
3. Place pork shoulder into slow cooker; pour root beer and barbecue sauce over it.
4. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours, until pork is tender when poked with a fork.
5. Shred the pork and toss with remaining BBQ sauce. Keep warm.
6. Layer half of french fries, pulled pork, onion, pepper jack cheese, cheddar cheese; repeat layer.
7. Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes or until cheese has melted. Broil for a couple of minutes if needed.
8. Garnish with sour cream, chopped scallions, and barbecue sauce on top. Give everyone a fork and serve right out of the skillet.