Bananas FosterTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Sweet bananas caramelized and served with cinnamon ice cream.
Category: Sauces and marinades
Prep Time: 10 min(s)
Cook Time: 10 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: mcarr
Posted On: Sep 27, 2021
Number of Servings:
- 2 tablespoons - coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons - sugar
- 2 tablespoons - packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons - lime juice
- 3 - firm bananas peeled and halved lengthwise then crosswise
- 1/4 cups - chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons - toasted flaked coconut
- - cinnamon or vanilla ice cream
- - ground cinnamon optional
Heat coconut oil in an extra-large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir together sugars in a shallow dish. Place lime juice in another shallow dish.
Dip bananas in lime juice, then in sugar mixture, turning to coat. Add to skillet.
Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until bananas and the syrup that forms are browned.
Sprinkle with macadamia nuts and coconut; serve over ice cream.
If desired, sprinkle with cinnamon