Banana Orange MuffincakeTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
"Rich, yet delicate muffincake lightly sweetened w/ ripe bananas and orange juice."
Quaker Oats; Banana; Orange juice
Prep Time: 10 min(s)
Cook Time: 30 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
VARIATION: To make muffins, grease 12 medium muffin cups or line w/ paper baking cups. Prepare batter as recipe directs; fill prepared muffin cups almost full. Bake 15-18 min. or until golden brown. Prepare glaze as directed above. FREEZING: Wrap securely in foil or place in freezer bag; seal, label and freeze up to 3 months.
Posted By: mamakjking
Posted On: Feb 17, 2013
Number of Servings:
- 1 1/2 cups - All-purpose flour
- 1 cups - Quaker Oats (quick or old-fashioned) Uncooked
- 1/3 cups - Brown sugar Firmly packed
- 1 tablespoons - Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons - Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoons - Salt (optional)
- 2/3 cups - Ripe banana (about 2 small) Mashed
- 1/2 cups - Orange juice
- 1/3 cups - Margarine (5 1/3 T) Melted
- 1 whole - Egg Slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoons - Grated orange peel
- 1/2 cups - Powdered sugar For glaze
- 1 tablespoons - Orange juice For glaze
- 1/2 teaspoons - Grated orange peel For glaze
1. Heat oven to 400.
2. Grease bottom of 9-in. springform pan or cake pan.
3. For cake, combine first six ingredients; mix well.
4. Add combined banana, juice, margarine, egg and orange peel, mixing just until moistened.
5. Pour into prepared pan.
6. Bake 30-35 min. or until golden brown. Cool 10 min. on wire rack; remove from pan.
7. For glaze, combine powdered sugar, orange juice and orange peel; drizzle evenly over warm cake.