Baked Oatmeal SquaresTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Baked oatmeal squares with fruit and yogurt make a healthy breakfast on-the-go and can be prepped ahead and stored in fridge or freezer.
Prep Time: 20 min(s)
Cook Time: 45 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Breakfast/Brunch Kid-Friendly Quick & Easy Make-Ahead Freezer Meal
Posted By: mcarr
Posted On: Jan 01, 2022
Number of Servings:
- 2 cups - old fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoons - baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons - baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoons - salt
- 1 teaspoons - allspice
- 1/2 teaspoons - cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups - fresh or frozen sliced fruit or berries - apples, mangos, strawberries, pears ...
- 1 cups - milk cold
- 1 cups - plain yogurt
- 2 - eggs beaten
- 1/4 cups - maple syrup, honey, brown sugar or sugar optional - to desired taste
- - peanut butter or yogurt optional, for serving with
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray non-stick spray on 8-x-8-inch baking dish.
Mix together oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, allspice and cinnamon. Add fruit, milk, yogurt, eggs and syrup and mix well until combined.
Spoon mixture into baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove foil and continue baking for another 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Enjoy these bars hot, cold or at room temperature. Store in a tightly-covered container in the fridge for up to one week.
Make Ahead Tips:
Cut into squares and freeze it for individual servings, to keep for more than a week. Reheat from frozen in the microwave for quick breakfast or snack any time.