Baby WellingtonsTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Appetizer sized beef wellingtons.
beef tenderloin filets
Prep Time: 40 min(s)
Cook Time: 30 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: swilliamson
Posted On: Mar 07, 2016
Number of Servings:
- 1 pounds - beef tenderloin filets cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons - butter
- 1/2 pounds - mushrooms very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons - minced shallots
- 2 cloves - garlic minced
- 1/4 cups - Mirassou California Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1/2 teaspoons - chopped tarragon
- - salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 packages - 17.3 oz. puff pastry thawed
- 1 - egg beaten
- 1 jars - 4 oz. horseradish
- 1 cups - sour cream
Place beef cubes in freezer for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium skillet.
Add mushrooms, shallots and garlic, and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add wine and tarragon and cook until all excess liquid has cooked off. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Roll each puff pastry sheet into 11-inch square on lightly floured board. Cut each sheet into 9 equal squares and place equal amounts of mushroom mixture in center of each.
Top with beef cubes and brush pastry edges with beaten egg. Fold in pastry to enclose and pinch edges to seal well. Place seam-side down on baking sheet and brush with beaten egg.
Bake about 12 minute or until pastry is golden brown.
Stir together horseradish and sour cream and serve with Wellingtons.