Aunt Patty's Baked ZitiTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 5
Baked ziti pasta with pancetta, sausage, red wine, tomatoes and cheese; a favorite from Aunt Patty.
Prep Time: 30 min(s)
Cook Time: 30 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
A favorite recipe from Aunt Patty.
Posted By: CookingwiththeCalancas
Posted On: Apr 02, 2023
Number of Servings:
- 12 ounces - uncooked ziti pasta
- 4 ounces - pancetta or bacon, diced
- 1 - large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves - garlic, chopped
- 1 pounds - ground Italian sausage
- 1 cups - dry red wine
- 1 cans - 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cups - firmly packed torn fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoons - kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoons - dried crushed red pepper
- 1 cups - ricotta cheese
- 1 packages - 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- - vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cups - grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare ziti according to package directions for al dente.
2. Meanwhile, cook pancetta in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add onion and garlic and sauté 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add sausage, and sauté 5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Add wine and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and next 3 ingredients. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
3. Stir ricotta and 1 cup mozzarella cheese into hot cooked pasta. Lightly grease a 13-x-9-inch baking dish with cooking spray Transfer pasta mixture to prepared dish and top with sausage mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
4. Bake at 350° F for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly.