Asparagus & Ricotta BruschettaTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Bruschetta made with asparagus, ricotta, and walnuts.
Prep Time: 20 min(s)
Cook Time: 10 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Pair with 2012 Twomey Estate Sauvignon Blanc or 2011 Twomey Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir
Posted By: email@example.com
Posted On: Feb 25, 2017
Number of Servings:
- 2 bunches - asparagus
- 2 tablespoons - olive oil
- 1 tablespoons - lemon juice
- 1 loaves - baguette cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/2 cups - olive oil
- 8 ounces - ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cups - walnut pieces toasted
- - salt and pepper
1. Preheat grill on high heat.
2. Prepare asparagus by cutting off bottom pieces that are not green. Once trimmed, place into a bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Place asparagus onto grill and cook for 3-4 minutes. Be sure to turn over each asparagus spear after the first two minutes. Once the asparagus has been grilled on all sides, remove them from the grill, slice into 2-inch long pieces and return them to the original bowl. Drizzle the asparagus with lemon juice, stir well and let rest.
4. Pour 1/2 cup of olive oil onto a plate and gently dip each baguette slice into the oil. Sprinkle each slice with salt and pepper, then place onto the hot grill, oil side down. Depending on how hot the grill is, the bread slices will take anywhere from 1-3 minutes to toast. After first side is toasted, flip over and grill on the other side. Once toasted on both sides, transfer baguette slices to a plate to hold.
5. To serve, place the ricotta cheese in the center of a serving platter. Set the asparagus spears next to the ricotta. Drizzle all the oil and juice left in the asparagus bowl onto the ricotta. Arrange the toasted baguette slices around the platter and sprinkle with the toasted walnuts.
6. To enjoy, spread a little bit of ricotta cheese onto each bruschetta, top with an asparagus spear and some nuts. Serve and enjoy with a glass of Twomey.