Apricot Oat BreadTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
"The subtle flavor of tangy apricots and a kiss of orange makes this "quick" bread a delicious, anytime favorite."
Quaker Oats; Dried apricots
Prep Time: 20 min(s)
Cook Time: 60 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Perfect for breakfast or a snack.
Posted By: mamakjking
Posted On: Feb 17, 2013
Number of Servings:
- 1 cups - Boiling water
- 1 1/4 cups - Quaker Oats (quick or old-fashioned) Uncooked
- 1 cups - Brown sugar Firmly packed
- 3 whole - Eggs Slightly beaten
- 1/2 cups - Margarine (1 stick) Softened
- 1 3/4 cups - All-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons - Baking powder
- 1 teaspoons - Baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups - Dried apricots Chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons - Grated orange peel
1. Heat oven to 350. Grease a 9X5-in. loaf pan.
2. Pour water over oats and set aside.
3. Beat brown sugar, eggs and margarine at medium speed of electric mixer until smooth.
4. Add oats; mix well.
5. Stir in combined flour, baking powder and baking soda.
6. Add apricots and orange peel; mix well. Pour into prepared pan.
7 Bake 60-70 min. or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 min., remove to wire rack. Cool completely.