Applesauce Oat MuffinsTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Perfect for freezing and saving for later in the week - with breakfast or lunch or dinner.
Prep Time: 20 min(s)
Cook Time: 30 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Don't skip the muffin liners in this recipe
Posted By: mcarr
Posted On: Jan 07, 2018
Number of Servings:
- 2 - eggs
- 1/4 cups - canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cups - packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cups - applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups - skim milk or whatever milk you like
- 2 teaspoons - vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoons - salt
- 1 tablespoons - ground cinnamon
- 3 cups - old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons - baking powder
- - Optional: your favorite toppings fruit, nuts, chocolate chips, etc.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper or paper/foil muffin liners.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, and brown sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add the applesauce, milk, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk until well combined. Stir in the oats and baking powder.
Fill the muffin liners with ¼ cup of the oat mixture in each muffin cup. Add your favorite toppings. Push the toppings down into the oat mixture with a spoon.
Bake for 30 minutes. Let them cool for 5 minutes before eating. Store in an airtight container or freeze in a zip top storage bag.