Apple SlawTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Apples, jicama, and cabbage with honey vinaigrette and dried cranberries with walnuts make a fresh, crisp slaw.
granny smith apples
Prep Time: 15 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
4 points per serving.
Posted By: MarySue
Posted On: May 09, 2020
Number of Servings:
- 2 tablespoons - honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons - apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoons - walnut oil
- 1/2 teaspoons - table salt
- 2 cups - shredded fresh savoy or Napa cabbage
- 2 cups - thinly sliced fresh jicama
- 2 - medium Granny Smith apples cored, coarsely grated
- 2 - medium shallots minced or finely grated
- 1/2 cups - dried cranberries chopped
- 1/4 cups - chopped walnuts
- 1/8 tablespoons - black pepper or to taste
In a large bowl, whisk together the honey, vinegar, oil and salt.
Add to this mixture the cabbage, jicama, apples, shallots, cranberries and walnuts; season to taste with pepper as desired.
Yields approximately 1 packed cup per serving.