Apple Oatmeal MuffinsTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Oats, cinnamon, pecans and finely diced apples make hearty muffins for breakfast or any time of day.
Category: Quick Breads
Prep Time: 20 min(s)
Cook Time: 25 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: mcarr
Posted On: Oct 04, 2021
Number of Servings:
- 2 1/2 cups - old-fashioned oats divided
- 1/2 teaspoons - freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoons - ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons - baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons - salt
- 1 cups - chopped pecans divided
- 1/4 cups - olive oil
- 1/3 cups - honey warmed
- 2 - large eggs
- 1 teaspoons - pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups - milk (or unsweetened almond milk)
- 2 - granny smith apples (2 cups total) peeled, finely diced
Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners and lightly coat with cooking spray.
In food processor, pulse 1 cup oats until very finely ground (should resemble coarsely milled flour); place in large bowl. Whisk in nutmeg, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Stir in half of pecans.
In medium bowl, whisk together oil and honey, then whisk in eggs, vanilla and milk. Add egg mixture to oat mixture and mix to combine; then fold in apples and remaining 1-1/2 cup oats.
Divide batter among muffin pan cups (about heaping 1/4-cup in each) and top with remaining pecans.
Bake until tops no longer look shiny, about 20 to 25 minutes.