Apple CakeTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Every bite is packed with tender and juicy apples.
Prep Time: 15 min(s)
Cook Time: 35 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Whipped cream or ice cream are optional on top.
Posted By: mcarr
Posted On: Feb 26, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 3 tablespoons - butter softened
- 1 cups - sugar
- 1 - egg
- 1 teaspoons - vanilla extract
- 1 cups - all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons - baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons - salt
- 1/2 teaspoons - ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons - ground nutmeg
- 3 cups - diced peeled apples
- 1/4 cups - chopped nuts
- - whipped cream or ice cream optional
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt cinnamon and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture (batter will be thick). Stir in apples and nuts.
Spread into a greased 8-inch square baking dish. Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with just a few crumbs. Serve warm or cold with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.