Apple-Berry Streusel BarsTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
The combined flavor of apples and raspberries is great.
Category: Cookies and Brownies
Prep Time: 10 min(s)
Cook Time: 45 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Makes 4 dozen
Posted By: mcarr
Posted On: Feb 25, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 1 jars - raspberry preserves 12 oz.
- 1/2 cups - walnuts finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups - all-purpose flour plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 cups - old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 cups - sugar
- 2 teaspoons - baking powder
- 1 teaspoons - ground cinnamon
- 1 cups - butter melted
- 3 cups - tart apples peeled, thinly sliced
In a large mixing bowl, combine 2.5 cups flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon. Beat in butter just until moistened. Set aside 2 cups for topping. Pat remaining oat mixture into a greased 13x9x2 inch baking pan. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, toss apples with remaining flour. Stir in the presevers; spread over hot crust to within 1/2 inch of edges. Combine nuts and reserved oat mixture; sprinkle over fruit mixture. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars.